What is CoolSculpting? Can you tell me more about it?
- CoolSculpting is a breakthrough, non-invasive procedure that uses cooling technology to reduce fat without surgery. Dr. Waldman will determine if you are a good candidate and work with you to determine the best treatment plan during a one-on-one consultation.
*Individual results may vary.
What happens during the procedure?
- Using a technology developed by Harvard scientists, CoolSculpting targets and freezes fat cells causing their natural death in the treatment area. It’s completely non-invasive so there is no cutting, no needles and no anesthesia. Patients typically read, work on their laptops, listen to music or relax during the procedure.
Is CoolSculpting safe? Painful? Are there side effects?
- CoolSculpting is FDA-cleared for the flanks and proven safe. Some patients may experience temporary pain or discomfort. Dr. Waldman can talk to you more about what to expect during and after treatment when you meet for your consultation.
How long is each treatment?
- During your consultation, Dr. Waldman will discuss how much time should be allotted based on your individual treatment plan. A typical treatment can last between one and three hours.
How much does CoolSculpting cost? How many treatments will I need?
- The price for CoolSculpting varies, depending on your areas of concern, the number of treatments needed and your ultimate goals. Dr. Waldman would need to assess you in person to help estimate the cost. Typically, you’ll see a noticeable reduction of fat in the treated area after one visit, but you may appreciate even more fat reduction with additional treatments.
Are CoolSculpting results permanent? How long do results last?
- CoolSculpting results are lasting, as long as you maintain your healthy lifestyle. Fat may reappear in the treatment area if a healthy lifestyle is not followed.
Am I a good candidate for CoolSculpting?
- CoolSculpting is not a weight loss solution for people who are obese, or a substitute for surgical methods such as liposuction. Good candidates have noticeable bulges in certain areas they’d like to get rid of. Dr. Waldman will determine if treatment is right for you during a one-on-one consultation.
What are the specific areas of the body that are being treated with CoolSculpting?
- CoolSculpting is FDA-cleared for love handles. During your consultation, Dr. Waldman will be able to determine your treatment plan based on your assessment.